Microsoft has made the June 2023 optional cumulative update for Windows 11, version 22H2, available. This update makes it possible to use the new Moment 3 fixes, enhancements, and features that were just announced.
Even though Moment 3 changes are included in the KB5026446 update and are disabled by default, users can still enable them by activating a switch in the Windows Update settings.
KB5027303 is a monthly non-security preview release that gives administrators of Windows the opportunity to test new features that will be included in the July 2023 Patch Tuesday update.
In contrast to Patch Tuesday releases, this update is optional and does not include any security patches.
To introduce KB5027303, you have two choices. You can go to Settings and explore to Windows Update, where they will track down the ‘Download and introduce’ button subsequent to checking for refreshes.
On the other hand, you can download the update from the Microsoft Update Inventory and introduce it physically.
Microsoft previously stated that both today’s optional update (KB5027303) and July’s mandatory Patch Tuesday updates will enable these features by default.
Aaron Woodman, Microsoft’s Windows Marketing VP, stated, “These features will be enabled by default in the June 2023 optional non-security preview release for all editions of Windows 11, version 22H2.”
However, not all features have yet been enabled in BleepingComputer’s tests.
Highlights in the Moment 3 update
Moment 3 features that the KB5027303 optional update enables include:
- Roll out of notification badging for Microsoft accounts on the Start menu.
- A VPN status icon, a small shield, to the system tray. It displays when you are connected to a recognized VPN profile. The VPN icon will be overlayed in your system’s accent color over the active network connection.
- Seconds in the clock on the system tray. To turn this on, go to the Taskbar behaviors section in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar. You can also right-click the taskbar to get to taskbar settings quickly.
- Access key shortcuts in File Explorer’s context menu
- Pluton chips and Moment 3 integration
- Content Adaptive Brightness Control (CABC) to run on laptops and 2-in-1 devices.
- USB4 hubs and devices Settings page.
- Computer performance improvement when using mice with a high report rate for gaming.
In addition, Microsoft, Samsung Galaxy, and Intel introduced support for Bluetooth Low Energy Audio, which enhances user experience during calls, video playback, and music playback on compatible devices while simultaneously delivering high-quality audio and conserving power.
Windows 11 will provide a preview of upcoming security enhancements that will improve hardware and software protection. These enhancements include token protection for sign-ins and brand-new isolation capabilities for Win32 applications.
You can find the complete list of improvements and fixes in the KB5027303 support bulletin published by Microsoft today.